Happy Friday! Ever wondered what you absolutely need to bring with you as you and your love take your first vacation together as Husband and Wife? At this point, the whole concept of your boyfriend, who later became your fiancé and who is now your husband, may seem as foreign as the tropical adventures you are about to embark on. Here is a HONEYMOON WISH LIST, containing a few items that no honeymoon is complete without.
1. A large Tote! This is an absolute must for any traveler. It’s a Must Because: It doubles as your hand luggage and your on-the-go vacation bag. (Mansur Gavriel Shopper– $425)
2. A cross-body bag: Do you really need two bags? Absolutely! This cross body bag will become your go-to, as you explore all the wonders of paradise. It’s a Must Because: you can be completely hands and hassle free! (Rebecca Minkoff MAB Cross Body Bag -$195)
3. A Maxi dress: Who doesn’t love an effortless maxi? It’s a Must Because: you can dress it up or dress it down and it can even double as a fabulous cover up! (Halston Heritage Plisse Chiffon Gown. $150)
4. A Fabulous Cover-Up: If you are on a resort that has lots of water activities, you will want to invest in a fabulous cover-up. It’s a Must Because: why not? Who doesn’t want to look fabulous while chilling poolside? (BKE Resort Cover-Up $28)
5. Flip Flops: This goes without saying. A chic pair of flip flops is always a good accompaniment to any outfit while vacationing. It’s a Must Because: it’s effortless (Valentino Rose Detail Flip Flops)
6. Flats or Sandals: You could go with either or both! It’s a Must Because: you might want to “dress up” a little more than just flip flops. (Givenchy Studded flat sandal , (flats, asos.com)
7. A LWD: A Little White Dress is always better than a LBD in the tropics! It does not have to be all white, predominantly white will do! It’s a Must Because: white is cool and crisp for those nights out with the boo! (Little White Lies Cold Shoulder Dress)
8. A Wide Brim Hat: What’s more gone-with-the-wind-fabulous than a wide brimmed hat? It’s A Must Because: it protects your face from the sun and you’ll look chic in the process. (Straw Hat, J.Crew Factory)
9. T-Shirts and Shorts: If you’re not spending all your time on the beach, you will need alternative clothing. It’s a Must Because: you’ll need clothes to wear! My suggestion is that you go with cooler fabrics such as linen and cotton because the heat could be brutal! (Sass and Bide shorts (similar here and here); My T-Shirt)
10. Strappy (heeled) Sandals: No night out is complete without a show-stopping pair of strappy sandals! It’s A Must Because: it’s perfectly complements your LWD and ups your sexiness for your new husband! (René Caovilla (affordable alternative here))
For more Honeymoon outfit inspiration check out our Honeymoon Wear Pinterest Board.
Follow Nkem ‘Kemberley’ on Instagram @Kemberlicious