While we loveee weddings here at perfete, we love honeymoons just as much! What’s better than time away with the love of your life after promising to do life together. There is truly nothing like it!
Depending on the time of year you do get married or choose to go off on your honeymoon…the seasons must not hinder you from having the time of your life and that is where we come in!
- Tropical places are perfect during the winter months! “Many of our couples opt for a tropical and relaxing getaway when it comes to their honeymoon. Mexico, Hawaii, Florida, and the Caribbean are typically warm and sunny in the winter months if you’re looking for a change from the winter weather where you live, however, you may run into trouble with flights and potential snowstorms from your departure city.” – Valarie Falvey, Kirkbrides
- Somewhere warm during the winter! “In the Winter, I always recommend going somewhere warm and unique in the Caribbean like St. Barth’s, or of course it’s the perfect time for a winter wonderland honeymoon enjoying skiing out west of the holiday markets in Europe. And if you’re looking for a great year-round destination, you can rarely go wrong with Hawaii!” – Carli Fernandez, The Honeymoon Concierge
- Visit Europe in the Spring or Fall. “If you’re looking for more of a sightseeing and busy adventure for your honeymoon, consider visiting Europe in the spring or fall when the weather is comfortable but not too toasty for tours. If you’re opting for Florida, Puerto Rico or the Bahamas, hurricane season runs from May to September so if you do book during this time, be sure to buy the travel insurance so you can reschedule if your plans get disrupted.”- Valarie Falvey, Kirkbrides
- Charleston or Paris in the Spring. “In the spring, consider visiting a new US city like Charleston or for a late spring European jaunt, Paris is perfection!” – Carli Fernandez, The Honeymoon Concierge
- Greek Islands or Amalfi Coast in the Summer. “Explore the restaurants and beach clubs of the Greek Islands or Amalfi Coast in the height of the season. Domestically, New England is a dream and you can enjoy a coastal road trip from Rhode Island to Maine or visit picturesque Nantucket.” – Carli Fernandez, The Honeymoon Concierge
- European cities in the Fall. “Fall is my favorite time to go to visit European cities when the temperatures are perfect to spend hours wandering ancient streets and the summer crowds have long gone. To stick closer to home, enjoy harvest season in Napa!” – Carli Fernandez, The Honeymoon Concierge
- Plan a trip during off-season times. “If you’re planning a honeymoon especially now as things begin to open back up, find a place that is not in peak season right now. Oftentimes, if you go somewhere that isn’t a peak season, things will be cheaper and reservations will be easier to get in both hotels and restaurants, excursions, etc. Plus, places are less crowded so you won’t feel as overwhelmed.” – Kari Dirksen, CEO + Lead Planner, Feathered Arrow Events