Happy Galentine’s Day weekend! We’re kicking off our celebration of LOVE week just a little bit late. So how about we make it up with this chic but playful, inspiration to spoil your BFFs. Yes, we know, we’re still mostly indoors, so we tapped our friend Natalie of A Good Affair to share here ideas for an intimate indoor bridal shower that would be #perfete for Galentine’s Day. From adorable Kiss the Bride lip balloons and dreamy heart details all in perfect shades of pink and red, you’re bound to be smitten. Keep scrolling to swoon and check out Natalie’s top tips for hosting the perfect bridal shower for your best gals:
5 TIPS FOR HOSTING AN INTIMATE BRIDAL SHOWER AT HOME
- Make it personal – add in special touches that are personalized for the bride, like using her initials in the paper goods or monogram napkins for each place setting. Does she love candy? create a fun station with acrylic boxes for guests to fill with all of the brides favorites as their favor. Personal touches don’t equal spending a ton of money. They are well thought out details that make every difference in the feel and experience of an event.
- Create a theme – I am not one to use the word “theme” but you do want to bring cohesive elements throughout your event. Hearts and Lips were pulled through this design from the balloons to the favors and menus. It makes such an impact in the look!
- Go easy on the games – toilet paper bridal gowns not your gals bag? Save the paper and the planet and skip that traditional game. Nothing is worse than forcing games on a bride who just isn’t into them. Make her shower all about what she loves and will enjoy the most. I am all for games at showers so maybe something more subtle is more her speed- What’s in your Purse is always fun and creates conversation during lunch. This is also a nice way to bring in cute printed material that ties in with your “theme”.
- Bevvies – I love creating 1 signature drink, we did a fun spritzer in pink, swap it out for Champs and you have a great drink that doesn’t require you to stock a full bar, a waste of money and not nearly as cute!
- Guest list – When hosting a bridal shower it is really important to double check that anyone on the guest list is ALSO invited to the wedding. I can’t tell you how many times I have been told by someone that they were invited to the bridal shower but not the wedding! That is a big etiquette no no. Check with the bride to make sure everyone is accounted for on BOTH guest lists before invitations go out. You are the hostess with the mostess and you want to make sure there are no mix ups. Pro tip- set the rsvp date to 2-3 weeks before the event so you aren’t scrambling at the last minute finding out who is coming (people always forget to RSVP so you want to give yourself time to call them).
Hanging Paper Hearts: A Good Affair (@agoodaffair)
Photographer: Brett Hickman (@bretthickmanphoto)
Rentals: Found Rental Co (@foundrentalco)
Flowers: Enchanted Express (@nisiesenchanted)
Balloons: Stars Above Balloons (@starsaboveballoons)
Paper Goods, Invitations, Menus, Stir Sticks: Luxe Marie (@luxemarie_stationery)
Glassware: Signature Party Rentals (@sigpartyrentals)
Heart Chargers, Love Garland, Runner: Target (@target)