There is nothing like walking down the aisle, seeing the love of your life and calling it forever with them in front of all your loved ones. The closest way we have to relive that moment over and over again is through our photos, something we should have a lot of fun with… and Pinterest is all over that.
You want to your photos to be memorable, but you also want them to be creative, special and one-of-a-kind. So how do you achieve that? You don’t want to go to Pinterest and have your expectations reach skyscraper levels, but you also don’t want to be a walking cliche either. Well, we’re here to help! Check out 10 photo ideas that will make even Pinterest Jealous, below:
1. Use disposable cameras on each table and have a set of instructions for each wedding guest. For instance, a party guest sits down, and their assignment card says to take a picture of the centerpiece followed by a selfie with the newlyweds.
2. Set up a polaroid station! Each guest is entitled two polaroids; one for themselves and one for the newlyweds with a piece of advice for them on the back of the photo.
3. Have the flower girl and/or ring barrier walk across down aisle with your family pet! This is a special way to incorporate your beloved pet into your big day.
4. This idea is one that would be the coolest candid shot. Give your wedding court personal handkerchieves that have a map of the reception location. They will be asked to take assigned pictures with assigned poses at certain stops on the scavenger hunt to the reception party!
5. If you really want to be ahead of the game, GIFS (and not the funny meme kind) but professional, almost breathtakingly beautiful GIFS are all the rage right now! Something as simple as you and your husband/wife to be holding hands, while swinging your arms behind a skyline.
6. Give the bridesmaids mini chalkboards and have them write down when they met the bride, then take a group picture together!
7. Hold up or display baby photos of yourself and your bride/groom. This sentimental shot will be absolutely timeless.
8. A quick shot motion picture right before the bride walks down the aisle, and right before the groom sees his future wife.
9. The classic first look shot. The first reaction shot of the bridesmaids seeing the bride all dolled up. The second reaction shot of the father of the bride seeing his daughter. The third reaction, of course, the groom himself. There are many first looks to capture, but they are all uniquely special.
10. Okay, this last one is also kind of a cheat. We have definitely seen this on Pinterest, but it’s too good not to share. The couple is between a wall reading each other’s vows at the same time while a photographer photographs their every reaction.
Now, *cue the water works* and let’s get this show on the road!