We are 4 months away from our wedding and we’ve checked a few more things off the list…
- We created our wedding logo/brand with our theme: Wait for Love (more about the theme later). ✔
- We purchased our wedding bands. ✔
- Calvin bought his suit and selected options for his groomsmen and our ring bearer. ✔
- The MOH and bridesmaids have ordered their dresses.✔
- My dress arrived (a month early), and I set up my 1st fitting appointment for April. ✔
- We received our invitations from the designer, and they are beautiful! Can’t wait to mail them out to our guests this month. ✔
- My MOH set the date and location for the bridal shower. ✔
- We finalized the menu for the reception (one thing Calvin had no problem helping with LOL). ✔
- The favors have been selected and they are super cute! ✔
I’m not sure how I am able to do everything and still find the time to go to work, eat and sleep, but having my lists has been a HUGE help. Also, venting to my MOH and bridesmaids help reduce wedding stress. I love having them by my side during one of the best moments of my life. Now let me take a moment and introduce you to P’s ladies…
1. How do you know/did you meet the bride? Not by choice…
2. What do you think about her groom? I’ve always wanted a big brother. Calvin is the brother I never had. I love the way he treats my sister and fits right into our family. Even better, he gets along with my mom, husband, and most importantly, my daughter Sierra. She’s a tough cookie to crack!
3. What is your wedding planning advice for Phyllis for the next 4 months? There isn’t much advice that I have to give her because she did the best job in planning my wedding. One thing we learned was, the more you plan on the front end, the less you have to do later. Less stress is always better. So if I could give her any advice, I would say to not stress over the small stuff. The day will work out, and it will be beautiful.
4. What are you most looking forward to on the wedding day? Seeing my big sister all glammed up. I’ve been dreaming about this day. It’s going to be so surreal to see it all unfold.
- How do you know/did you meet the bride? I met Phyllis at my part-time job almost 10 years ago. She was just the Director the program needed, and I liked everything about her and her spirit. Through that working relationship, a sincere friendship/sisterhood developed. I found her very easy to talk too and just a kind and gentle spirit who made anyone feel good after speaking with her.
- What do you think about her groom? Let me just say…I have always felt Calvin could be the one for Phyllis. Although I had never met him before they started dating, his attempt to peak her interest was genuine. Things he did that I thought were sweet, she thought were “corny,” but he didn’t give up. It took a couple years for her to really give him a chance, but when she did it was fireworks and they have been smooth sailing ever since. Their love story reiterates why people say “timing is everything.” She responded when the timing was right in her life to appreciate all that he had to offer. What were once considered “corny” are now the very things that have allowed her to experience love like no other. I have always been “Team Calvin” and he has not disappointed in any way.
- What is your wedding planning advice for Phyllis for the next 4 months? With all the various lists I’m sure she has made and continues to make…I guess my only advice is to ask for help when she needs it. I’m certain that the planning can be overwhelming, and I hope she knows I am here to help in any way possible. Phyllis, let us help where we can and remember to enjoy the process along the way.
- What are you most looking forward to on the wedding day? The obvious response is seeing the two become one, but the “realest” answer for me is THE CELEBRATION AFTER THE NUPTIALS! Woot! Woot! I’m sooooooo happy for my sis!
- How do you know/did you meet the bride? Phyllis and I met in 1997 while majoring in Psychology at George Washington University. We bonded over pancakes in Marvin Center at the diner.
- What do you think about her groom? Calvin’s love for Phyllis shows in his eyes and face whenever he talks about her and definitely when he looks at her. He makes Phyllis happy. That’s all a girlfriend can ask for.
- What is your wedding planning advice for Phyllis for the next 4 months? Phyllis is much more organized and creative than I am. She revels in the planning process with deadlines and lists. My advice is to continue doing exactly what you’re doing. Continue planning for your future, prioritizing your marital foundation, and creating a fantastic Caribbean wedding!!
- What are you most looking forward to on the wedding day? On Phyllis’ wedding day I can’t wait to see her get ready to meet Calvin. I can’t wait to watch her walk along the beautiful beach of Montego Bay surrounded by family and friends to say “I do” to the man that makes her dreams come true. She deserves all the happiness her wedding day and a life with Calvin has to offer. Oh and I can’t wait to watch Phyllis dance!
- How do you know/did you meet the bride? Where do I start…Back in 2012, Calvin introduced me to this soft-spoken, young lady with a beautiful smile named Phyllis. As time went on I saw something special in her. I could tell she was the one. February 2014, Calvin informed me that he was going to propose to Phyllis on her birthday, and I couldn’t wait. I was so excited that I kept my distance, so I wouldn’t spoil the engagement (I can’t keep secrets).
- What do you think about her groom? Calvin is dear to me. We have been joined at the hip since 1979. He has always protected me from any and all obstacles that come my way. I am so happy that God has placed Phyllis in Calvin’s life. She completes and compliments him.
- What is your wedding planning advice for Phyllis for the next 4 months? Over the next four months, Phyllis do not stress and soak up all the love and attention. Take it one day at a time and start practicing you’re new signature LOL.
- What are you most looking forward to on the wedding day? I can’t wait to see my brother’s face when he sees his wife meeting him at the end of the aisle.
I’m one blessed bride-to-be! These ladies are awesome, and I’m honored that they agreed to support me on my wedding day. This is even Michelle’s 1st bridesmaid gig!! So exciting!
Now I’m sharing some advice…When choosing your bridal party make sure you select women that you know will have your back. They should keep you level-headed when you start to lose it and remind you that you are not superwoman. I have no doubt that everything will go well on July 19th and if it doesn’t I know my MOH and bridesmaids will make sure I even don’t know about it LOL!
They will all be so beautiful on the beach in July. Yay!! Only 4 more months!! Catch up with my bridal journey so far here