Woop! It’s the last day of January (well, tomorrow) and we’re finally done preparing this post lol. 2014 was an amazing year for weddings and brought a whole lot of inspiration for the new year. I have a love-hate relationship with “trends”. I mean don’t get me wrong, I get excited about wedding details period and it’s so exciting as a wedding enthusiast to see all the things we “preach” about come to life in real weddings. It’s however even more refreshing to see couples create trends themselves or even take the so called “trends” and make them their own in really cool ways. So here are the 2015 wedding trends we’re most excited to see…
2014 was all about statement backs on wedding dresses and that’s not going anywhere anytime soon BUT this year we are dying over wedding dresses with sleeves!
Move over brides, the Grooms are coming! 2015 is definitely the year of the groom (and his groomsmen). You no longer have to worry about passive grooms and having to plan your wedding all by yourself. Grooms are way more into the details and we have to say- we’re completely here for it. Prepare to see much more ‘APgroom‘ inspiration on Aisle Perfect this year. You can start now by clicking the Groom and Groomsmen tab on our homepage (under style). Grooms will be kicking ass with their:
- Colored Suits: Yup! Grooms are experimenting even more than brides with color for their big day. We’ve seen just about every color rocked by grooms and you can expect to see even more this year.
- Attention to Detail: I am personally most excited about the groom-takeover this year especially when it comes to their attention to detail. From swagged-up bowties to monogrammed accessories, there’s so much to love. Bring on the dapper gentlemen!
- Will You be my Groomsman and Groomsmen Gifts: Like their brides, grooms are going above and beyond to ask their favorite bros to be a part of their wedding. You can check out a few of our suggestions here and here (or follow our ‘Will You be my Groomsman Ideas‘ board on Pinterest).
You can count on more jaw-dropping bridesmaid looks in 2015. From sparkly sequins to sexy backs and statement colors like Black and White. Bridesmaids are no longer the supporting cast, they’re now front and center.
It’s official, florals and foliage are taking over 2015. From garden weddings to statement floral accents, there’s absolutely no way you can go wrong with this.
- Floral Walls: Thanks to the Kardashian-West wedding, Floral walls are here to stay. It could be a small altar or reception backdrop or a full immersion like we spotted at style blogger Lana El Sahely’s wedding (pictures below)
- Floral Seating Charts:
- Floral and Foliage Bars:
Cooler than Photo Booth!
Traditional photo booths are so 2014, step it up with a fun selfie station (this is an awesome DIY idea too) or go even one step further and have a Video booth instead! There are so many ways to have fun here and we’re here for all of them!
- Selfie Station
- Polaroid Photobooth: Yes it’s the seventies all over again and Polaroids are back! Have your guest take a quick selfie and either keep the memento OR leave a note on the back for an easy Guestbook. Printed pictures never go out of style.
- Video Booth
It’s not longer just about hash tagging your wedding for some couples, it’s about creating a whole brand/experience. We’ve seen couples brand everything from start to finish.
- Social Media
Late Night Treats
Listen, your guests aren’t going to remember all those intimate extra details you included on your day. What they’re going to love and reminisce on is the heck of a time they had at your “event”. Good food, good drink, good music.. remember that!